Oh MY Goodness..
These are SO good. Full of flavors, slightly spicy. Amazing.
The ONLY downside.. the serving is so small. Seriously, you have no idea how small that 1 1b of zucchini is going to get. And you are not going to want to share.. lol. Basically this recipes makes one nice sized serving for one person.. yep one. But I am marking it 1-2 servings.
Couple of notes.
1. These have a nice peppery taste. If you are a big fan of salt and pepper chips you could even add more. But be careful since they shrink down so much, a little goes a long way.
2. The olive oil is super yummy on them, but it’s greasy. I did not actually try them with out the oil, but my guess is that they would be fine.
3. * You need to slice these VERY thin. The tried a second batch on my mandoline slicer on the thicker blade. I loved that it took less time to slice and took up less room in the dehydrator, meaning I could fit more in. But those suckers would not get crisp. They were in there about 10 hours and still were chewy. So that did not work.
5. You can also check out my Crispy Cucumber Chips here.
- 1 lb (about 4 cups) thin sliced Zucchini*
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp olive oil (this can be omitted)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Note: I cut my zucchini on a mandoline slicer. I did both the thin and thick slices. The thin turned out much better and crispier.
- In a medium bowl whisk salt, pepper, olive oil (if used), and vinegar
- Add sliced zucchini
- Toss with the “dressing” to coat.
- Arrange slices on dehydrator trays
- Dehydrate at 135 degrees for 5-6 hours or until crispy
Over 46,000 people can't be wrong. LIKE us on Facebook:
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy