This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
Pesto Pasta Salad
“This post was sponsored by ALDI as part of Influencer Activation for Influence Central.”
A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of shopping at ALDI for the first time, and I LOVED it!
I’ve been a part of the online frugal community for many years and over that time I have heard the praises of ALDI sung over and over. But because Southern California didn’t have any ALDI stores I had never been to one.
I’ve now been two times and I think they are great stores. My personal opinion is that smaller stores, like ALDI, are better to shop at. I don’t get overwhelmed with too much choice. I also enjoy how they focus on selling their own brand. Doing this cuts costs and quality is not sacrificed.
My family is gluten free (for digestive issues, not Celiac) so I greatly appreciated that ALDI has many low cost, gluten free options with their liveGfree® line of products.
With their liveGfree® Gluten Free Penne Pasta I decided to make a Pasta Salad with Pesto and Chicken. It’s a lovely, summery dish that can be served as a hearty side or a cool meal. I didn’t do this but after I made it I thought that sliced grape or cherry tomatoes would make a yummy and colorful addition.
The great prices at ALDI made this dish affordable and the quality products made it delicious! It’s sure to become a family favorite.
And as a note… this dish would be just as amazing with regular, not gluten free pasta.
ALDI Shopping list for Pasta Salad with Pesto and Chicken
- liveGfree® Gluten Free Rotini or Penne Pasta (or regular dried pasta)
- Kirkwood® Fresh Chicken Tenderloins
- Burman’s® Mayonnaise
- Priano® Fresh Mozzarella cheese
- Priano® Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Priano® Genovese or Rosso Pesto Sauce
Pasta Salad with Pesto and Chicken
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- One cup of cooked and cooled Kirkwood® Fresh Chicken Tenderloins (sautéed or poached)
- 8 oz of liveGfree® Gluten Free Rotini or Penne Pasta (or regular dried pasta) cooked to package directions run under cool water and drained
- 2/3 cup Burman’s® Mayonnaise
- 4 oz Priano® Fresh Mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons Priano® Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Genovese or Rosso Pesto Sauce
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, pesto and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir to combine
- Fold in pasta, Mozzarella cheese and chicken
- Optional: Garnish with Parmesan cheese and finly sliced fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: Gluten free pasta tends to get hard when cold and because of the mayonnaise this will not re-heat. So I recommend making, serving and eat immediately for the best taste results.
This is a great summer dish! What are some of your favorite food items to purchase at ALDI with the upcoming summer season in mind? Leave me a comment.
Make sure to check out ALDI online:
ALDI website: https://www.aldi.us
ALDI Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ALDI.USA
ALDI Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aldiusa/
ALDI Twitter: https://twitter.com/aldiusa
ALDI Blog: https://blog.aldi.us