Oven Baked Chicken Stuffing
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealDelicious #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
Back to School time is a whirlwind. It always is. What better way to make it more fun than to share a meal the whole family can enjoy? One that not only reminds every one of Thanksgiving but it also uses a favorite breakfast cereal. My Oven Baked Chicken with Pecan and Date Stuffing is so yummy and easy!
As moms, we can spend WAY too much on school supplies. Sometimes it’s hard to run from store to store for the best deals.
As of now, I haven’t even gotten to the store yet to grab that long list of supplies for my girls. I guess I’m a little behind since they start in less than TWO weeks!
A good way to still save is to buy Post cereals. There are a great value and are perfect, even beyond breakfast, from snacks to dinner. Great Grains Raisins, Dates and Pecans is a great addition to this baked chicken with stuffing.
And there is a Post cereal for everyone, as you can see above from my shopping trip to my local Walmart.
Making this dish was a snap. The whole preparation could not have taken me over ten minutes.
Tip: Measure your water in a microwave safe dish and add the cold butter. Heat in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes until the water is hot and butter melted.
This recipe ends up being a one-dish meal, which is welcome for the back to school season.
Do you have any unique ways to use Post cereal in your favorite recipes? Let me a comment; I’d love to hear them.
Do you think you will try my chicken dish? Make sure you head on over to Post’s Pinterest for more ideas on using cereal anytime!
- 4 medium, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 1 6oz box of chicken flavored stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 cups Great Grains Raisins, Dates and Pecans (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- 1 large egg beaten
- Non-stick spray
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Spray 9x13-inch casserole dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine, stuffing mix, Great Grains Raisins, Dates and Pecans, egg, water and butter.
- Mix gently until combined and fluffy.
- Reserve about 3/4 cup stuffing
- Add stuffing to prepared casserole dish and layer chicken on top
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper
- Top Chicken with reserved stuffing
- Garnish top with a sprinkling of Great Grains Raisins, Dates and Pecans
- Bake for 25 minutes