This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
Loaded Tater Tot Skewers
This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeHero #CollectiveBias
Game day parties.
Who can resist, right? They are especially great when you can put together some easy (and budget friendly) appetizers like hot wings from the Walmart Hot Deli and my Loaded Tater Tot Skewers.
Right now you can grab 20 Wings for $10 at your local Walmart Hot Deli in some awesome flavors like Buffalo, Hot, General Tso’s, Honey BBQ and Ranch.
Picking up some fresh wings at the Walmart Hot Deli counter is easy and time-saving (and time is money). And they are the perfect snack for a game day party at home or for tailgating.
To accompany them I made a platter of Loaded Tater Tot Skewers. They are so fun and yummy (and who doesn’t like tater tots?). This recipe is easy and wallet friendly. It’s also an appetizer everyone can get excited about.
Personally, I think getting together with friends for an event like this is a great way to save money. Everyone brings something to share that they love and it really evens out the cost. And spending time with friends and building relationships around shared passions is so wonderful. Sometimes parties take a bit of planning, but there is no need to go all out.
People are there for YOU and to watch the game (oh, and have a few snacks). No one expects you so spend a ton of money. And when you think about it, expensive parties are often no more fun that budget ones. In the end, it’s about the company!
Tip: This recipe is simple to double if you need it for a larger group.
What is YOUR favorite snack during the game? Do you love spicy wings or sweet?
- 16 oz Frozen Tater Tots
- 4-6 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3-4 oz sour cream (extra for dipping)
- 2 oz cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 10-15 6 inch wooden skewers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Pour tater tots onto sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes (if you like extra crispy bake for extra 5 minutes)
- Remove from oven and cool just long enough to touch
- Load 4 tots onto each skewer and place back on baking sheet
- Arrange skewers closely to the next
- Sprinkle cheese on top of skewers and return baking sheet to oven
- Bake 3 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Remove from oven and move skewers to serving platter.
- Sprinkle bacon on top of tots
- Load sour cream into a small zip top bag and snip one corner
- Squeeze sour cream over tots
- Sprinkle with chives
- Serve immediately with extra sour cream on side (optional)