This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
lemon pesto chicken
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
Family meals are super important in the Penner house. There is barely a day that goes by that we don’t sit down to at least one meal together (and sometimes more).
This September it’s Family Meals Month and the new rebranded Smart & Final is a great place to shop and save for all your meals. They have great private label brands like Ambiance, La Romanella, First Street and Cattleman’s Finest. These brands are top quality and save you a ton of money.
Also, Smart and Final’s club buy items are great for freezable meals and buying in bulk. Which we all know saves us both time and cash.
As a bonus, check to see if your local Smart and Final offers Instacart. If they do you can get “$5 off and free delivery with promo code: SMART5.
My Lemon Pesto Chicken is not only a fabulous meal. It’s also quick and easy as well as family and freezer friendly. The recipe below serves around 4 (with leftovers for my family) but you can easily double or triple it for multiple dinners.
It truly takes minutes to prepare and makes dinner a snap.
What’s your go to meal for a family meal? Leave a comment (and the recipe if you like).
Lemon Pesto Chicken Freezer Meal
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 pound First Street Chicken Breasts or Chicken Breast Tenders (about 4 breasts or 10-12 tenders)
- 1/2 cup jarred or homemade pesto
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup First Street Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Place chicken, pesto and lemon juice into a large zip tight freezer bag.
- Remove air from bag and close.
- With your hands massage bag to combine chicken, pesto and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Load cheese into a small freezer safe zip top bag. Squeeze out air and close.
- (This is an optional step to keep everything together). Take another large zip tight freezer bag and place both the chicken and the cheese bags inside. Remove air and close.
- Label outer bag using a permanent marker with contents, date assembled and cooking instructions.
- Cooking instructions
- Remove contents from outer bag
- Place cheese bag in the refrigerator
- In the refrigerator thaw bag of Lemon Pesto Chicken over night
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- When thawed place Lemon Pesto Chicken into a 9x13-inch casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, covered
- Remove foil and sprinkle cheese on the top of the chicken
- Bake for 5 minutes
- Turn broiler on high and broil for 5 minutes
- Serve with rice or your favorite First Street pasta topped with extra pesto, if desired