This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Great4Grilling #CollectiveBias
It’s almost summer! Have you broken out the grill yet?
How often do you grill pork? Because if you aren’t, you should do it more often.. it’s delicious.
Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork is already marinaded and ready to go on the charcoal grill. It makes summer dinnertime SO easy.
I picked up a 100% Pork Smithfield® Garlic & Herb Sirloin for a great price at my local Walmart, sliced it into four smaller pieces, fired up the charcoal grill and dinner ready in almost no time.
For the meal I paired the pork with a Grilled Peach Salad with Basil. It really was yummy and a great change of pace from our favorite standards. It was kind of fun to cook peaches on the grill. I’ve never done that before and they turned out great.
Tip: If possible use freestone peaches. These variety come apart from the seed much easier than clingstone.
I made the salad with fresh baby green, thin sliced fresh basil, and creamy goat cheese. All dressed with an easy to make basil vinaigrette.
The peach salad is such a fantastic summer salad that you may want to make all year round!
After the meal was done there was lots of Smithfield® Garlic & Herb Sirloin left over and it’s perfect for making a different meal the next night like sandwiches, tacos, even spaghetti!
What is your favorite summertime meal? And will my be trying my Grilled Peach Salad with Basil? Leave us a comment.
10 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
18 minTotal Time
- 3 fresh peaches
- About 4 oz of baby greens
- 15 fresh basil leaves, cut into think strips
- 3 oz goat cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried basil (can add a pinch more to taste)
- 1/16 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp brown mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your charcoal grill
- Slice peaches into about 8 slices per peach
- Brush olive oil onto peaches
- grill peaches for 3-4 minutes per side, until slightly soft
- Do not over grill.
- Add all ingredients into a small jar with lid
- Cover with lid and shake until combined
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Use to dress salad
Make sure to check out Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork online for great tips and recipes:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmithfieldFoods