Did you know that the little $0.99 bottle of Dawn dish soap can do more than the most expensive in store products and even pet products?! Over the past few months i’ve learned of so many different uses for Dawn dish soap that REALLY work so I wanted to share!
I recommend only using the original blue Dawn dish soap for the methods below.
- Use it to bathe your dogs and get rid of fleas! We tried some of the most expensive dog shampoo to get rid of fleas and nothing seemed to work and then someone told me about using Dawn so i figured.. why not? It did an amazing job on our pets and I just watched the fleas drop off them when lathered up with the soap! Now I don’t recommend using this weekly but every other week to once a month does a great job (using it too often can dry out their skin).
- Use Dawn to repel ants! This is a unique and safe way to get rid of ants from your kitchen without leaving harmful chemicals on your counter. Simply mix and spray a mixture of Dawn and water on your counters where ants come to visit. Wipe it dry afterwards and it will leave a film on the counter that ants hate and won’t cross.
- Use it for homemade ice packs! Ice packs typically contain a toxic ingredient that you do not want to rupture, so instead of using store bought ones try making your own! Fill a Ziploc bag with Dawn dish soap and freeze it. You end up with a gel type homemade ice pack with no worries of toxic ingredients.
- Use it to get stains out of carpet! When we had our carpet cleaned by Stanley Steamers we asked the guy what was a good method at getting out stains in our carpet. I typically used Resolve and while it did a decent job, it never got everything up. He told us just to use Dawn and peroxide (to kill bacteria) to get the stain out because other products tend to leave the carpet area oily. So when we had our first drink spill (Sprite to be exact) on our white carpet… I got the Dawn out and it did an amazing job! The stain was job and the carpet looked great, no residue afterwards!
- Use it to clean your bathroom! Dawn is a tough “degreaser” that is great at cutting through gunky build up in your bathroom! Use Dawn straight on your tub, sink or whatever else to cut through the nasty build up.
- Use it to clean automotive tools! Hubby loves this one soak tools in Dawn dish soap after use to cut the grease and grime off of them after hubby uses them on the car. This helps to of course keep them clean and prevent rust build up!
Do you know of any other uses for Dawn dish soap? Share below!
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy