Don’t you love your crock pot? It’s just such a fabulous kitchen appliance!
If you don’t’ use it much you really should. It makes life a lot easier when you can come home to dinner 3/4 of the way ready for the table!
This Crock Pot Southwestern Chicken Tortilla Casserole would be great with a simple salad of romaine and tomatoes, served with your family’s favorite dressing!!
Crock Pot Southwestern Chicken and Tortilla Casserole
10 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 10 Total Time
- 4 Cups Shredded Chicken Breast
- 1 (19 oz) can of enchilada sauce (gluten free if needed)
- 6 oz of Sour Cream (3/4 Cup)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 8 oz shredded Monterey jack or Cheddar Cheese
- Cut the tortillas into 8 wedges per tortilla.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sour cream, chicken stock and onion powder.
- Begin layering in the crock pot with the enchilada sauce on the bottom.
- Then add the tortillas, sour cream mix, chicken and the cheese in that order.
- Continue layering in that order to the top and make sure to end with the cheese.
- Cover and cook in your crock pot on low for 5-6 hours.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy