Barbecue Tri Tip Recipe
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
Are you a fan of potlucks? I am!
In my opinion its a great way to great together with friends and spend no more than you would spend on making one meal for your family.
Potlucks don’t have to old fashion with all heavy casseroles. My friends and I have had the best time by making a theme and having everyone to bring something which falls in line. Choose a country like Mexico or Italy or a type like soup (everyone brings a soup or side) or a BBQ.
My Coffee Rubbed Tri Tip is PERFECT for a BBQ potluck. Even if you don’t like coffee you will love this dish. The coffee adds wonderful flavor but not a strong coffee taste.
Have your guest bring drinks, sides, desserts, any other meats they want and salad and you have an amazing potluck meal!
To get my ingredients I headed over to new rebranded Smart & Final Warehouse Store to pick up some Cattleman’s Finest Tri Tip (I used the thin cut, it cooks faster and is easy to slice for your waiting guests) and Ambiance Coffee for the rub.
Smart & Final is a perfect place to shop for your upcoming potluck they have everything you might need.
And even sweeter if you live in the SF Bay Area and Los Angeles area check your zip code to see if your Smart & Final has Instacart. If so you can get “$5 off and free delivery with promo code: SMART5″.
Smart and Final had rebranded! See the commercial here.
Smart & Final has announced the launch of its new branding campaign which will place the ampersand (“&”) – already in the 144-year old company’s name – front and center to showcase the company’s relationship with both its customers and the communities it serves. The roll out will include print, radio, television and outdoor advertising in select markets and digital outreach now through July 3rd. The new campaign aims to tell the story of what the value-oriented food and staples retailer has become through its growth initiatives and will highlight the company’s heritage.
“Smart & Final has a rich history and commitment of inclusion. The ampersand signifies many different components of our company including the partnership between our founders Mr. Smart & Mr. Final, treating our customers like friends & neighbors and serving as a warehouse & market,” said Smart & Final Chief Marketing Officer, Eleanor Hong. “We are rebranding to ensure customers know who we are, what we offer and what we stand for so that they can choose Smart & Final as their primary shopping destination.”
For the remainder of 2015, Smart & Final is scheduled to open 16 additional Smart & FinalExtra! stores including three store conversions.
Coffee Rubbed Tri Tip
1 hrPrep Time
12 minCook Time
1 hr, 12 Total Time
- 3 pounds of thin cut or regular Cattleman's Finest Tri Tip
- For Coffee Rub:
- 1 tablespoon finely ground Ambiance Coffee (run through your coffee mill until fine)
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Add all coffee rub ingredients together in a mason jar or other small container with a lid
- Cover with lid and close.
- Shake to combine
- Sprinkle Coffee rub on both sides of Cattleman's Finest Tri Tip (I used most of my coffee rub)
- Cover meat and place in the refrigerator for one hour
- Heat grill to medium
- For thin cut Tri Tip grill for 3-4 minutes on side one (6-8 minutes for regular)
- Flip the meat and grill for 5-8 more minutes for medium (10-15 minutes for regular, then flip again and cook for 20-25 total)
- Remove meat from grill and let rest for 5 minutes for thin cut and 10 for regular
- Slice and serve with Easy Coffee BBQ sauce (recipe below)
Easy Coffee BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup strong brewed Ambiance Coffee
Mix together and drizzle over Coffee Rubber Tri Tip