This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MejoresRecetas #CollectiveBias
Who’s ready for the holidays??? The food? The family? The fun?
All your traditional favorites come to the table and everyone loves it. But what if this year you want a little twist of some authentic Latino flavors?
A great way to do this is to add a little spice (and then pair it with a Coke, because we all know Coca-Cola is perfect with spicy!).
This year I made a Chipotle Rubbed Turkey with La Morena Chipotle Peppers. It’s a little smokey and spicy and a lot yummy. The peppers give the turkey a kick that no one will expect, but it’s still traditional.
Tip to Score! If you Buy (1) 7.5oz Mini Can or 6 pack PET bottles of any Coca-Cola brand + La Morena product at your local Vallarta (like it did) you will receive $0.50 off.
Some other dishes that would be great with La Morena Whole Jalapeños or Chipotle Peppers are a creamy Jalapeño corn pudding and sweet and spicy Chipotle sweet potatoes.
How might you kick it up this year with La Morena and Coke? What is a holiday dish you could give a Latino twist?
Tip: of your turkey is larger, simply 1.5 or double the rub recipe.
Chipotle Rubbed Roasted Turkey
10 minPrep Time
3 hrCook Time
3 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 approximately 14 pound turkey, thawed in refrigerator
- 2 tablespoons pureed La Morena Chipotle Peppers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- The Zest of two limes
- The juice of one lime (save limes)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Move oven rack to the bottom 2/3 of oven
- Prepare turkey by removing neck and giblets and patting dry
- Place in a roasting pan and side aside.
- Combine pureed La Morena Chipotle Peppers, oregano, garlic, onion powder, salt , pepper, oil, lime zest and juice into a food possessor or blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Set aside.
- With your hands separate the skin from the turkey breast and rub 1 tablespoon of Chipotle onto the meat of the breast.
- Rub the rest of the mixture over the body of the turkey, including inside the cavity.
- Place into oven and for a 9-18 pound unstuffed turkey you will roast for 3-31/2 hours or when the temperature using a meat thermometer is 180° F in the thigh and 165° F in the breast.
- /3 the way through cooking cover the breast and tops of thighs with tin foil to prevent burning.
- When done, remove from oven and transfer to platter.
- Cover with tin foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes
- Carve and serve.