This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
Cheesy Tuna Melt
Looking for something new to stock your kids lunchboxes with? Are they tired of PB&J?
Well, you definitely should try out these yummy Bumble Bee® Albacore Cheesy Tuna Melt Bites.
My girls love tuna. Most of the time they have it in the form of tuna salad. But they were excited for this new version and loved it!
They are yummy both hot and cold (which makes them great for the lunch box.) These Cheesy Tuna Melt Bites are high in protein and the Bumble Bee® Albacore tuna provides healthy fat, and vitamins and minerals to your child’s lunch.
There are a couple of tips I have when making these:
- Make sure to coat muffin tin with plenty of non-stick spray or use cupcake liners which you also coat with non-stick spray. These little yummies like to stick to the pan.
- Don’t overbake, the bites will become dry.
- Sprinkle a litte extra cheese on top right after the Bumble Bee® Albacore Cheesy Tuna Melt Bites come out of the oven for a bit more cheesy goodness.
What is your our your child’s favorite way to enjoy enjoy Bumble Bee® Albacore for lunch?
Cheesy Tuna Melt Bites
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 5 oz can Bumble Bee® Chunk White Albacore tuna in water , drained well
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat 2 mini muffin tins well with non stick spray or fill with mini cupcake liners coated with non stick spray
- Whisk together Bumble Bee® Chunk White Albacore tuna, milk, eggs, parmesan cheese, salt and onion powder in a large bowl
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full with mixture
- Top with sharp cheddar cheese
- Bake for about 25 minutes until edges are golden brown and the centers are set
- Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 5 minutes before removing Cheesy Tuna Melt Bites from tin
- Enjoy hot, warm or cold.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.