Saving money on Christmas is much easier when you plan on doing it throughout the year. Start by writing a list of everyone you plan on buying for. Jot a few notes about their interests and hobbies next to their names. As you go throughout the year, keep an eye out for sale and clearance items.
Look for significantly discounted items to get the most for your money. When you find something that someone on your list would like, mark it for them and put it away. Be sure to keep a list of what presents you have and whom they are for—this will keep you from buying too much for one person while completely forgetting someone else.
If you come across great deals throughout the year but can’t think of a specific person that would like it, buy it anyways and put it away. When a last-minute gift need comes up—a teacher, an acquaintance who bought you a gift, etc.—you can go into your gift stash and grab them something! This is also a great way to pad someone’s gift pile out if they got less than other people in the family. As you do this throughout the year, you’ll get used to looking for deals and end up with a great affordable pile of gifts!
Snag 100 Days to Christmas: A Daily Dose of Inspiration & Motivation for a Busy Holiday Season. Grab an ebook that begins on September 16, and leads you day-by-day toward a peaceful and meaningful holiday season. Also included is a companion workbook containing 31 interactive lists from ListPlanIt.com for all of your holiday gift, card, party, and meal planning needs! eBook buyers will get a code for a FREE 60-Day trial to ListPlanIt.com!
- View the whole 100 Days of Saving on Christmas here.
- Day 1, Shop Groupon and Other Deal Sites
- Day 2, Use FFD and Other Deal Blogs
- Day 3, Use Kohls Coupons for Freebies
- Day 4, Use Swagbucks
- Day 5, Save Your Change Throughout the Year
- Day 6, Recycle for Cash
- Day 7, Sell Old Items on Ebay or Craigslist
- Day 8, Have a Garage Sale
- Day 9, Create an Etsy Store
- Day 10, Eat at Home
- Day 11, Buy From the Thrift Store and Save the Difference
- Day 12, Shop at Garage Sales for New Items
- Day 13, Make Lunches to Take to Work
- Day 14,Turn Your Thermostat Up or Down
- Day 15, Shop the Dollar Store for Gifts
- Day 16, Bake or Make Gifts
- Day 17, Give Acts of Service
- Day 18, Start a Family Tradition of Volunteering
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy