Not every gift has to be new and from a traditional retailer.
Just as selling on Ebay and Craigslist is a good way to make some Christmas money, buying on those two sites is a good way to get more for the money you have! Each site is very easy for buyers to use.
You can surf the different “for sale” categories, find items you want to buy, and either bid on them or buy them. They are usually much cheaper than the price you would pay at a traditional retail store. Be sure to pay promptly on Ebay and pick up quickly on Craigslist, or you’ll find your items being sold to someone else!
Facebook is another new venue for buying Christmas gifts. Causes, such as adoptions and non-profit companies, often have auctions on Facebook to raise funds. You can find all sorts of items on these auctions, from services to toys and clothing. Get into a good Facebook group that tracks auctions and get bidding!
You can get inexpensive but personal Christmas gifts this way.
Snag 100 Days to Christmas: A Daily Dose of Inspiration & Motivation for a Busy Holiday Season. Grab an ebook that begins on September 16, and leads you day-by-day toward a peaceful and meaningful holiday season. Also included is a companion workbook containing 31 interactive lists from ListPlanIt.com for all of your holiday gift, card, party, and meal planning needs! eBook buyers will get a code for a FREE 60-Day trial to ListPlanIt.com!
- View the whole 100 Days of Saving on Christmas here.
- Day 1, Shop Groupon and Other Deal Sites
- Day 2, Use FFD and Other Deal Blogs
- Day 3, Use Kohls Coupons for Freebies
- Day 4, Use Swagbucks
- Day 5, Save Your Change Throughout the Year
- Day 6, Recycle for Cash
- Day 7, Sell Old Items on Ebay or Craigslist
- Day 8, Have a Garage Sale
- Day 9, Create an Etsy Store
- Day 10, Eat at Home
- Day 11, Buy From the Thrift Store and Save the Difference
- Day 12, Shop at Garage Sales for New Items
- Day 13, Make Lunches to Take to Work
- Day 14,Turn Your Thermostat Up or Down
- Day 15, Shop the Dollar Store for Gifts
- Day 16, Bake or Make Gifts
- Day 17, Give Acts of Service
- Day 18, Start a Family Tradition of Volunteering
- Day 19, Stockpile Gifts Throughout the Year
- Day 20, Make a Christmas Budget
- Day 21, Drive Less During the Year
- Day 22, Trade Babysitting with Friends
- Day 23, Sign Up for Goldstar
- Day 24, Sell Your Clothing to a Resale Store
- Day 25, Sign up for Plink
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy